Friday, July 20, 2012

Skull Island

Chad, Caleigh and I had a water day at Six Flags.  Inside the park is a waterpark, complete with 6 waterslides, two dunking tanks, and countless ways to shoot, spray, and slash water.  We have gone in previously for short periods of time, but this time we went with the sole intent of being in the water, not riding rides. 

Although we did sneak in a ride on the mine train before we started and we let Caleigh ride the swings and Tweety on the way out since there were no lines.  Other than that, we spent the day in the waterpark.  Caleigh loved the fact that her mom and dad were playing in the waterpark with her.  I loved this fact too, since I know the day is coming when it will be "uncool" for her to play with her parents.  So, for now, I will just cherish the time I get to spend sliding down waterslides with her and having her enjoy my company. 

We arrived shortly after the park opened and we left shortly after 2pm.  The sun and heat were immense to say the least that day!  We used lots of sunscreen and I am happy to report no one came home with a sunburn.  I am glad we left when we did since thunderstorms moved in over the park shortly after we left. 

Caleigh napped on the way to Granny's and Chad and Caleigh jumped into Granny's pool after being in the water all morning.  I helped Granny get ready to go a luau that she ened up not going to.  It rained. 

Then, we watched the new Three Stooges movie with Granddaddy.  It was funny but Caleigh said they did too much hitting.  LOL

After that, we finally headed home and I got to bring home one of my mom's coconut pies that she had made for the luau since she didn't go.  My mom's coconut pies are the BEST!  I love them.  She usually only makes them for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.  So it was a great treat to get one in the middle of the summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment