Friday, July 20, 2012

Sip and See

Since my sweet niece decided she should come into this world early, her mom didn't get to have a baby shower.  Instead, the day after her scheduled shower, Lydia graced us with her presence. 

I had decided that for my present for her shower, I would make her a messy baby basket.  I bought her the bathtub she had registered for and then filled it with things like a bottle of laundry detergent, a bottle of stain remover, baby dish soap, shampoo, lotion, baby wash, diaper rash cream, toy wipes, pacifier wipes, dirty diaper disposal baggies, washcloths, drop cloths, bibs, and an assortment of other things needed to clean up a messy baby.  I also threw in a swaddle wrap that I had purchased for her before I decided on my theme for my present.  I had planned to wrap it up really cute and take it to her shower.  However, once the shower was cancelled, I postponed the wrapping. 

After Lydia came home from the hospital, I figured she could already use some or most of the things, including the tub.  So, I took my gift over to her house and gave it to them without any fancy wrapping job.  Therefore, I did not take a picture of this present.  I have been told that I had good timing and Lydia took her first bath the night I gave it to them.

So, when I got the information that there was to be a Sip and See for Lydia, I had to come up with a gift to take. 

I had purchased some diapers and wipes for the basket but got the diapers in a larger size and knew she wouldn't be using them any time soon so I left them out of the basket.  Then, I personalized a Diapees and Wipees case with her name as well as a small wipes travel case.  I put the cases, wipes, and diapers in a cute tote and voila, I had a gift to take to the sip and see as well!

My mom had told me that she had a present for Lydia as well and I went to her house to help her assemble it.  It was so cute!  She had decided to make her a monkey themed present!  She purchased a monkey collapsible toy box and had filled it with monkey things!  There were monkey sleepers, monkey outfits, monkey pants, monkey shirts, monkey blankets, monkey bibs, monkey wall hangings, monkey stuffed animals, and monkey everything!  You get the idea!  The boxes were stuffed with monkey stuff!  LOL!  I decided we should put Lydia's name on the toy box as well!  It turned out adorable in my opinion!


We also made her a set of baby burritos that had monkeys on them.  They are onsies rolled to look like burritos! 

For Lydia's daddy, we put together a Daddy Doody Kit, complete with tongs, gloves, wipes, dirty diaper disposal bags and a clothespin for the nose.


The Sip and See was precious.  Her friends did a great job of decorating and making delicious grown-up popsicles for the party. I hope Lydia got everything she needed!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment