Monday, July 9, 2012

Dakota's 2nd Birthday

June 30th brought the hottest day of 2012 so far!  Temperatures were to reach 106 degrees BEFORE factoring in the heat index!  And with the sultry Georgia humidity, I would liken the day to the feeling you get when you open an oven and the heat smacks you right in face!  YUCK! 
Your clothes stick to every inch of your skin and the air is so hot and thick that a deep breath does nothing but make you feel claustrophobic. 



On this unacceptable hot day, Dakota had her 2nd birthday party!  It was Fresh Beat Band themed.  So very appropriate for her.  She LOVES that show! 

We got her an inflatable pool with a small slide and sprinkler as one of her presents from us. They blew it up along with another small pool and filled them with water for the kids to play in.


We had to keep reminding Caleigh NOT to jump and dive in the pools!  They were all sitting on concrete! 
She did chill out with the diving after a while!
I made Shelby mad at me when I turned the sprinkler of the new pool on full blast when I didn't know she was in the pool.  She didn't want to get back in the pool and screamed when the water was turned on at all for a few minutes then I got her used to it and she loved it!

 And so did Caleigh and others!

Some of the older kids were desperately trying to fill leftover balloons with water so I took the bag inside to my dad and had him fill them in the kitchen sink.  He sent them out to the kids and a small water balloon fight ensued. 

The day ended with Molly and I trying to empty out those small pools.  WATER IS HEAVY, PEOPLE!  We looked ridiculous as we proceeded to flood their front yard!  Despite the heat, I think all the kids had a good time.  And I know Dakota had to have slept good that night!!!

1 comment: