Monday, June 11, 2012

Yo Fresh Beats Go Gabba Gabba Party!

Caleigh has grown up on Nick Jr. television.  When she watches television, this is the channel she is allowed to watch.  It has no commercial programming and all educational based shows.  In the network time between shows, an animated moose and bird named Moose and Zee interact with viewers by playing games with them and teaching them things like numbers, shapes, letters, and colors. 
This year, Moose and Zee seemed to have disappeared but there are still no product advertisement between shows.  Many of the episodes on this channel have been repeated over and over since the late 90's and early 2000's.  Every now and then, a new series comes about and the episodes make their way into the rotation.

Currently, two of the channel's most popular shows are The Fresh Beat Band and Yo Gabba Gabba.  Well, I guess the execs at Nick decided it would be a good idea to have a "crossover" event of these two popular shows.  They promoted it for weeks and Caleigh got extremely excited.

She got so excited that I decided I would be excited with her.  I suggested we throw a "Yo Fresh Beats Go Gabba Gabba" party and invite her cousins over for a watching party!

Since both shows are VERY colorful, I had no problem coming up with some decorations from left over previous parties.  I pulled out a plastic yellow table cloth and multiple colors of party beads. I had leftover blue napkins from Caleigh's 4th birthday party and we just used disposable white plates for the food.  I hung giant sized silver stars and streamers that were all leftovers.  I went to the Nick Jr. website and printed coloring pages of all of the characters from each show.  I then let Caleigh color each of them however she wanted and hang them around the house wherever she wanted.  A quick trip to the dollar store and I came up with some party blowers and balloons of every color. 

Caleigh had a doctor's appointment that morning and afterward I ran to our nearest Little Ceasers and grabbed a couple of pizzas.  I knew that all of the kids would love some pizza for lunch!  When I got home, my sweet husband had already left for work but not before leaving us a surprise.  He had gone and purchased a cookie cake from the GACC just for our little "party". 

Before the episode aired, I decided to get everyone in the mood.  We own the music from the Fresh Beat Band's album and I cranked it up loud in the living room and tossed some balloons in the floor and watched the three little girls jump, run, dance, fall down, sing, and giggle! It was so very cute to watch and it was even more fun to jump in and participate.  Even Granny, their surprise guest, joined in their fun!
 
When it was time for the show, we all chowed down on some pizza and cookie cake as we watched. 

After it was over, I took the balloons and the music and headed into the garage where I inflated Caleigh's jumpy and tossed everyone in to play.  They played until they could play no more and were all ready for a nice long nap.

Our "party" was a huge success and Caleigh is still telling people about it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment