Friday, June 22, 2012

Meeting Lydia

On the way home from Indian Springs, we received an invitation to come and meet our new neice for the first time.  Lydia was born premature weighing a mere 3lbs 1oz when she entered our world.  Despite her tiny size she only spent 6 hours in a NICU and then was moved to an intermediate nursery.  And she just kept getting stronger from there.  If my calculations are correct, after spending only 22 days in the hospital, Lydia came home 22 days before her due date!  I think 22 may just be Lydia's lucky number! Chad and I got to see her for a few precious seconds on the day she was born through the nursery glass.  We used the power of iPhones and Facetime so Caleigh got to see her at the same time we did even though she wasn't with us at the hospital.  Lydia is Caleigh's third cousin and the third girl!  I don't know if Caleigh would know what to do with a boy cousin! 

That sweet baby girl is so tiny!  Caleigh has a few baby dolls that could probably hold Lydia.  Caleigh was so excited to see her, it was hard to keep her from being right over her the whole time we were there.  


She was so happy to touch "Baby Lydia's" little head and cheeks.
I unexpectedly got to hold her.  There are not words to describe how utterly sweet holding someone so tiny made me feel.  I even got to see her amazing eyes thanks to the fact that her dad and Chad were having a conversation in the room and she would open her eyes and look around for them.  According to her mom, she really responds to the sound of her daddy's voice.  I am pretty sure I saw nothing but pure innocence in those eyes. 

 Her newborn baby noises, the grunts, the smacks, and the squirms were so very heart warming.  I didn't even mind when she let out tons of gas on me! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment