Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chad's Birthday

While Chad was hiking and camping, Caleigh and I were busy baking and decorating for his birthday.  We made him a homemade birthday cake!  Caleigh had SO MUCH FUN doing this!  


 She had even more fun "cleaning" up after the cake was in the oven.
 She chose the icing and decorations. 
 On a rainy day the week before, I took out all of Chad's presents while he was working and decided to wrap them.  I went to through my stock of wrapping paper and could not find any that would be suitable for Chad (it was mostly kids and girly paper) so I improvised.  I turned some kid wrapping paper inside out and gave Caleigh some markers and crayons and told her to "decorate".  This is what she came up with!  It was at least an hours worth of fun for Caleigh and gave the gifts that "homemade" feel even if they were store bought presents.  Caleigh is watching me write this blog and wants me to let you know that her daddy loved her drawings!
 She was so proud of her decorations and waited very impatientely all day for her daddy to get home from hiking. 
                                       
 He came home feeling nasty, but after a refreshing shower, he was set to celebrate with us!
 We traditionally have a spaghetti dinner on our birthday, but Chad ate spaghetti the night before on his camping trip.  So, we asked him what he wanted to eat for dinner and his response was pizza.  Caleigh shouted "Mellow Mushroom" and so we loaded up and headed to our local one.  Mish and Thomas met us there and we all enjoyed some delicious pizza and then headed back home to enjoy Caleigh's cake.
It was a very simple and short evening for us and Chad was so tired that he fell asleep before Caleigh and I.  (That NEVER happens!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment