Thursday, August 1, 2013

IKEA Family Reunion

IKEA is awesome.  They have some awesome things.  Their storage solutions sometimes border on genius!  Hence why I like going here!

In all honesty, I like going here for the shopping but I LOVE going here for the smell!  I highly anticipate the moment when the doors to the parking deck slide open and the sweet aroma of freshly baking cinnamon rolls blasts me in the face!

Caleigh loves going here because she doesn't have to shop.  They have a Small Land play area that she can be checked into and we can shop for 45 minutes child-free!  She loves this area!  

We recently joined the IKEA Family which sends us monthly discounts and offers.  One of the standing offers is 30 extra minutes in Small Land!  Yay!  1 hour and 15 minutes of whine-free shopping for me!  

We were recently made aware of their IKEA Family Reunion Day!  It was held on a Wednesday from 1pm -5pm.  They offered free gifts, a raffle for $10 gift cards, free meatballs, frozen lemonade, face painting, tattoos, a magician, and free popcorn, cookies, and other drinks!  We wound our way through the store and participated in every booth be came upon.  Chad and I even participated in a bed making contest.  He would have won but Caleigh destroyed his bed so I could take the lead and WIN!  We won a free comforter!  

We also ate lunch in their cafeteria!  It was great!  Caleigh ate a kids chicken tender plate.  Chad ate a half rack of bbq ribs plate.  I ordered a herb crusted white fish with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.  I ate it but Chad and Caleigh ate from my plate too!  I think they liked their food but loved mine.  Next time I will make them order the fish too!

When we left, we took home a box of cinnamon rolls to have for breakfast the next day!  A big fat cinnamon roll and a hot cup of coffee were the perfect way to start my next day!  
We waited in line for an hour to have this face painted and then she complained that it was itchy and wanted to take it off 10 minutes after she had it done!  But she didn't take it off.  She kept it on for the rest of the day with no problems once she got used to it!
Our free loot.  Minus the two giant IKEA reusable bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment